The Road Surface Treatments Association (RSTA) is the focal point for the road surface maintenance industry. It aims to:
• Raise awareness of the range and benefits of road surface treatments
• Promote workforce competence and professionalism
• Champion safe working, sustainability and best practice
• Encourage product and process innovation
Members include national and local contracting companies, local authority direct labour organisations, material and equipment suppliers. Members are encouraged to register with National Highway Sector Scheme 13 or HAPAS or equivalent Product Certification and Approved Installer Schemes as appropriate.
RSTA membership provides a wide range of benefits that together provide a valued business resource.
Top 10 reasons to join RSTA
• Qualifications: We provide a one stop shop to meet all your training needs including access to grant funding for NVQ’s and Short Duration Training leading to NVQ’s Level 2 and 3 for operatives/supervisors and Level 6 NVQ for Managers. We provide the only route for obtaining RSTA endorsed CSCS cards as required by Sector Scheme 13. We also provide a comprehensive NVQ assessment service at a discounted price for members.
• Continuing Professional Development: We provide a comprehensive training programme for managers/supervisors in need of continuous professional development (CPD) and who need to obtain the RSTA Silver Certificate in accordance with Sector Scheme 13. Through the University of Derby we can also offer a one year Diploma in Road Surface Technology.
• Industry Recognition: RSTA members are able to display the RSTA logo on their websites and company literature as a quality mark demonstrating industry best practice.
• Community with over 80 members: We provide industry networking opportunities including the Annual RSTA Spring Conference attended by over 250 delegates, Autumn Industry Seminar and industry sector committee meetings.
• Representation on Standards Committees: The RSTA is actively engaged with all key industry stakeholders on the development of industry standards, specifications and guidance.
• Publications: Industry editorial and advertising opportunities via RSTA ‘Renew’ magazine published twice a year and circulated to 15,000 industry stakeholders.
• Exclusive On-line members Area: Keep up to date with industry developments.
• Best Practice and Technical Excellence: The RSTA can provide members with ‘expert witness’ reports to assist with dispute resolution.
• An Industry Voice: The RSTA provides the only coherent industry voice that is recognised by government, highway authorities and other industry stakeholder groups on matters pertaining to road surface maintenance.
• Marketing: The RSTA actively promotes the industry and members products and services through various channels.