Job Title: Workshop Test and Repair Engineer
Location: West Hallam, Derbyshire
Responsibility for the testing and repairing of Colas variable message signs, AMI’s and roadside controllers. To be based at Highways England distribution centre and build a relationship with both highways England and third line service staff to enhance and protect the reputation of Colas products
- The post holder will deliver fault diagnosis and repair of Colas VMS, AMI’s and Roadside Controllers.
- Work to Colas Quality and environmental systems plus adherence to HE local working requirements.
- Liaison with Highways England, The Third Line Service provider, Regional Technology Maintenance Contractors, and smart motorways contractors providing technical support on Colas ITS products.
- Identify innovative solutions to meet client requirements
- Develop and provide technical support to in-house operatives and third part maintenance engineers to ensure compliance with client requirements.
- Undertake risk assessments and prepare method statements for all works undertaken.
- Liaising with other members of the ITS team and sharing best practice.
- Defining contract performance information to be used in preparation of contract KPI’s.
- Liaison with the third party and Colas manufacturing unit to ensure equipment is repaired and returned to operation in an efficient and suitable condition and time.
- Continual improvement
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in the highway technology maintenance, the person required for this position will have a strong roadside technology equipment background, with the knowledge of working with Highways England representatives and supply chain that repair electrical and electronic equipment.
- Experience of running diagnosis on technology equipment and replacing relevant PCB’s and components to return the equipment to normal operation
- Experience of working with technology maintenance contractors.
- Good ICT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Projects
Do you know anyone who would be suitable for this role? As part of our Candidate Referral Scheme, you could receive a cash incentive if their application is successful. If the answer is yes, then please forward this advert onto them. For the scheme rules, please contact the HR Department.
For further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Kelvin Campbell, Recruitment Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colas Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups