Jenoptik Traffic Solutions – market leader in roadworks enforcement solutions.
Jenoptik (previously Vysionics) have been delivering temporary automatic speed cameras at roadworks (TASCAR) since 2000, with more than 350 sites successfully delivered to date. Each year, Vysionics delivers around 50 roadworks projects, managed and supported by regional teams of our own enforcement camera specialists.
SPECS average speed control has long been part of the standard roadworks toolkit. Covering the length and breadth of the UK, more than 3,500 kilometres of roadworks have seen SPECS enforcement. This repeatedly delivers:
– Safer – fewer collisions and casualties occur, with road workers reporting that they feel much safer within monitored zones–
– Smoother – traffic continues to flow with very little congestion throughout the works area–
– Greener – steady speeds result in fewer emissions, improved fuel consumption and quieter traffic
– Fairer – the travelling public accept that average speed control within roadworks is justifiable and is not set up to ‘catch’ them unawares.
Jenoptik are unique in having real world experience from hundreds of TASCAR sites, resulting in a solution that has adapted and evolved to be the best in class.
– A wide range of camera configurations and mounting options
– Unique ‘Infra-Red’ lighting capability, allowing image capture on a visibly dark road
– Dozens of staff who are expert in ANPR and enforcement, across the whole UK.
It is important to remember that roadworks enforcement is not as straightforward as other TM tools such as barriers or white lining; the legal ramifications of an enforcement system continue to be very significant. A SPECS installation has the legal equivalence of a police officer physically on site, which allows the evidence of speeding automatically gathered to stand up in court in its own right. As such our engineers and technical staff have to be prepared to attend court, and the financial, legal and public perception impact of any errors would be significant for everyone.
Designing and delivering effective enforcement solutions is what Jenoptik does best. Don’t take a risk on this critical activity; talk to the experts and realise a system that will deliver exactly what is needed – a safer works area with good traffic flows and a design that road users understand and accept is fair.
Jenoptik Traffic Solutions Key Statistics
68 UK based employees, dedicated to ANPR and enforcement
3,500 Kilometres of UK roadworks monitored with SPECS cameras
350 Major roadworks projects delivered by Vysionics
Every UK police force has operated SPECS