Jean Lefebvre (UK) is a technical consultancy delivering the highest standards of pavement asset management and technical services. From our base in Cheshunt, we are supported by our international research centre in Bordeaux.
Using our knowledge and expertise, we are able to assist in the design and maintenance of pavement structures to develop a robust long-term asset management approach of network and local level carriageway and footway assets.
Our teams of Pavement Engineering and Asset Management specialists provide solutions which meet the aims and needs of our clients. Our support services include:
• Pavement evaluation and investigation
• Pavement and maintenance design
• Specification and independent technical advice
• The provision of innovative solutions and material design
• Network condition assessments
• Whole-life analysis and asset modelling
• Highways asset management plans and strategies
The Jean Lefebvre (UK) Technical Centre acts as the UK satellite of an international network of technical expertise. The laboratory has a number of large-scale test machines; capable of performing different end performance tests and specialised bituminous material designs. Tests undertaken include:
• Bitumen and aggregate conformity testing
• Performance testing of bituminous materials including asphaltic concrete, hot rolled asphalt and stone mastic asphalt
• High modulus designs including EME2
• Cold recycled bound material design
• Slurry and micro surfacing assessments
Jean Lefebvre (UK) are also able to provide a wide range of pavement investigation services including visual inspection, coring, falling weight deflectometer testing, ground penetrating radar, foundation assessments and skid resistance assessments.