The deadline for the Highways Magazine Excellence Awards has been extended until next Wednesday (10 July).
Over the past 10 years the awards have grown year on year, both in entries and in the number of guests at the awards dinner which has proved to be one of the most popular and prestigious nights in the highways industry calendar.
It is our aim to keep improving the awards and once again the categories have been reviewed and amended slightly in response to feedback from previous entrants and the judges. This year it is easier than ever to enter using the online system.
We are also delighted to welcome the Department for Transport onto the judging panel – a knowledgeable group of directors and key influencers in the highways industry. Wayne Duerden, head of traffic engineering policy at the Department for Transport, will be joining the team to add to the wealth of experience that our judging team have acquired.
Our esteemed panel of judges will be looking for those schemes, initiative and products which excel in innovation, enterprise and efficiency and provide sufficient evidence of this.
The judging panel is made up of the following people:
- Richard Hayes, president, Institute of Highway Engineers
- Graham Edmond, head of network maintenance, Transport Scotland
- Richard Morgan, head of asset management and standards, Welsh Assembly
- Kevin Monaghan, acting director of engineering, Regional Development
- Doug Miller, director of major projects portfolio office, Highways Agency
- Wayne Duerden, head of traffic engineering policy, Department for Transport
How to enter:
- Extended closing date is 10 July 2013
- All entries must be submitted online at www.hmea.co.uk
- Please read both the instructions on ‘how to enter’ and the ‘rules’ before starting your entry
- Please enter an introductory file and one file for each of the criteria in the category entered, ensuring that the file sizes and word counts do not exceed the maximum allowed
- A confirmation of your entry will be sent out the same day via email
- Short listed entries will be announced in the September edition of Highways magazine and will be expected to attend the awards ceremony
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony and gala dinner on 10 October 2013.
The 2013 Highways Magazine Excellence Awards are open to ANY organisation working in the UK who can demonstrate that their entry is exceptional and fulfils the required criteria.
Entry is FREE to all organisations.